- Who makes up your audience and why that matters
- How to launch a traditional grass roots campaign
- How to maximize your exposure through social media channels
- The basics of a press release and why details matter
- Where to find FREE marketing tools to make your marketing look professional
- How to partner with local arts and tourism organizations
- How to generate FREE publicity
- How to create your elevator speech for networking
- How to take advantage of underutilized opportunities for shameless self-promotion
- How to maximize relationships for cross-promotion
- Why all of this matters
Workshop is Saturday, April 30, from 4:30-6:30pm.
As a professional marketer of attractions and destinations like Sugar Land, Austin and the State of Texas, Jessica Brown has been putting butts in seats for more than 19 years. She is a native Houstonian and a graduate of The University of Texas at Austin. As Director & Co-Owner of Station Theater, Jessica oversees Marketing & Public Relations. She also heads up the Applied Improv business training program and teaches long form improv. Additionally, Jessica serves as a Producer and Director of Marketing for the Houston Improv Festival and Trill Comedy Festival, and as Co-Leader of BeachProv – A Seaside Improv Retreat for Women.
Jessica completed the training programs at ComedySportz Houston and The New Movement (now Station Theater) and has continued to study improv and sketch comedy with inspirations from Kids in the Hall, iO Chicago, Annoyance Theater, Huge Theater, The New Movement and more. Jess toured nationally with TNM’s Tourceratops and has performed at the Trill Comedy Festival, Houston Improv Festival, Improv Wins, Megaphone Marathons and Houston Fringe Festival. Her current troupes include No More Words – Silent Improv, Bras Before Bros, Old Enough to Know Better, and Space Mutt.